Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Autumn (Grateful, Day 2)

You have to live in Florida for awhile before you can properly appreciate Autumn.  Having spent my teens, twenties, and a good chunk of my thirties in the Sunshine State, I feel eminently qualified to put forth my opinion of the Wonders of Fall.


It's gorgeous, you know.  The colors are breathtaking, and the same old roads that I travel every day are suddenly photo-worthy.  The weather becomes tolerable and the hoodies come out of hiding.  It's safe---nay, wise---to leave a lipstick in the car again, and there's no fear of the milk spoiling if I should happen to swing by Goodwill on the way home from the grocery store.


It smells like heaven, too.  Some wonderful neighbor's already breaking in their fireplace, and the (illegal) leaf burning has commenced.  My kitchen elves are cranking out pumpkin muffins and oatmeal cookies, and thick, stick-to-your-ribs soups are popping up on the supper menu.


Confession: Fall is my favorite.  Yours, too?


2 comments:

  1. Definitely my favorite and one of the things I miss most after almost 3 years back in the Holy Land. I'm grateful you posted pics of the beautiful season and your stunning kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...it makes me feel a little less like I'm talking to myself again.